Thursday, April 4, 2013

Altered Tiny Balsa Box

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a terrific night last night. Today I wanted to quickly share with you a Teeny Tiny little balsa box I altered. This is another project that I had completely forgotten to upload here. Things have just been really crazy here the last couple of months and I am so very glad that it is finally starting to slow down. 

Front View

 Top View

I wasn't too sure for the longest time what I was going to do with this adorable teeny tiny box but as soon as I received some washi tape that I had ordered online it all fell into place. I started out by painting this box with a light buttermilk color acrylic paint. When the paint dried, I covered the entire out side of the box with this gorgeous washi tape that I had purchased online. I added my favorite flat backed pearl trim from Sa Crafters to the outside edge of the lid and the bottom of the box. I cut apart a doily and layered it on top of the box, added a couple of skeleton leaves, and an I am Roses rose that I had colored with my favorite Lindys spray (cape cod coral). 

Below is a video on the project.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a fantastic week. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! You have a beautiful page here.

    -jillelmo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to stop by my blog and for your support. I hope you have a beautiful day.
Hugs,
Shan